Enable your Yahoo account for OpenID access
You can enable OpenID to use your Yahoo account to sign in to hundreds of websites.
Enabling your Yahoo account for OpenID
- Visit your Yahoo Account Info page.
- Under "Sign-In and Security", click Manage/Create your OpenID.
Additional customization options
Feeling geeky? Click Show Customization Options to display your options for creating or selecting a different OpenID identifier.
- Select the checkbox next to the identifier you want Yahoo to use on OpenID enabled websites.
-Yahoo recommends that you not use the identifier with your username because it can expose your email address and instant messaging address on OpenID websites.
- Select the third option if you want to create your own identifier, and then type a unique identifier in the empty box.
-Only letters, numbers, underscores, and one dot (.) are allowed.
- Click Save My Customization.
-A confirmation prompt appears.
- Click Yes.
-Your OpenID identifiers appear highlighted in yellow.
Caution: When using OpenID, you should not enter your Yahoo ID and password on any website other than Yahoo. OpenID sites send you back to Yahoo to verify your Yahoo ID and password before signing you into their sites.
- When you're on a website that supports OpenID, click the Yahoo login button to sign in. Alternatively, if you see a text box with an OpenID icon, type "yahoo.com" in the text box. Either way you’ll be sent to Yahoo to verify your Yahoo ID and password. After you’ve been verified, you are signed in to the website.
- For more information on Yahoo's OpenID service, visit our OpenID Help page.
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.